Improving Malware Resilience: Attacks are Certain, Impact is Not
E-commerce sites are lucrative targets for hackers—personal and credit card data collected during checkout carries a high value on the black market. Data breaches can result in massive fines and negative headlines. When merchants can’t handle the penalties, payment providers are held liable. Financial institutions need to take an active role in protecting their merchant portfolios.
This presentation covers:
- Common types of card-skimming malware
- How to detect merchant website vulnerabilities
- What to do after a breach occurs
- Best practices for preventing Magecart attacks
- How British Airways could have avoided a £183 million fine