Misclassified MCC Codes = Misclassified Risk
MCCs are used to classify a merchant type by the goods or services they provide, e.g. book stores, florists, etc. Merchants choose their MCC code, but financial institutions hold the ultimate responsibility for ensuring those codes are correct.
For example, gambling merchants can choose from multiple codes:
- 7801—Government-Licensed Casinos (Online or Internet Gambling)
- 7995—Gambling Transactions Betting (Sportsbook, fantasy, social gaming; when regulated and not covered by other MCCs) (D)
- 9754—Gambling-Horse, Dog Racing, State Lottery
With G2 MCC Check you can
- Correct merchant MCC errors
- Terminate prohibited businesses
- Segment merchants in your portfolio by risk level
- Reallocate your personnel’s time to more strategic functions
- Provide independent, third-party proof to auditors of the merchant MCCs in your portfolio
Your Portfolio = A Transaction Launderer's Hideout
With transaction fraud hitting $500 billion in 2018, transaction laundering is likely the biggest threat to your portfolio…yet the most difficult to detect.
G2 helps ensure your merchants are not involved in any illegal activity. We combine machine learning technology with expert human analysis to expose transaction laundering networks and ensure portfolio compliance.
A Merchant Bad Reputation = Damage to Your Reputation
A poor or declining merchant reputation often signals bad business practices that can hurt your reputation, as well as land you with regulatory fines and card-network assessments.
G2’s Reputation Monitoring helps save your reputation and avoid penalties by identifying bad actors in your merchant portfolio.
Negative news and watch list monitoring
Scans over 100,000+ unique sources in 240 countries to identify merchants associated with:
- Money laundering
- Denied entity
- Securities and Exchange Commission vioations
- Regulatory actions
- Business crimes and misconduct
G2’s Reputation Monitoring helps, acquirers, ISOs, and PSPs identify bad actors among their merchant portfolio, preventing losses and future fines.