Call Today: 1-888-788-5353

Health and Medical Insurance Certifications

Step 1: State/Locale Licensing for Healthcare Insurance

Certify that your company is allowed to sell health insurance, either nationally or in specific states. You will be required to upload each state license for G2 verification and ongoing monitoring of license expiration dates.

Step 2: Validate Affordable Care Act (ACA) Plans

(Optional) Identify whether or not your company registered with the U.S. government to promote and sell Affordable Care Act qualified
health plans.

About G2 Health Insurance Provider Certification


To become certified, health insurance advertisers must: 

  • Identify themselves to G2 as a health insurance provider
  • Certify to G2 that they are permitted under state and/or local laws to lawfully promote and sell health insurance
  • Identify whether or not they are registered with the U.S. government to promote and sell Affordable Care Act qualified health plans



1. Who can apply for this certification?

Entities such as providers, agencies, brokers, individual agents, and Managed Care Organizations who are fully licensed/registered to sell health insurance will need to apply for this program.


2. Is the verification process different per entity type?

While we may require varying documentation based on your entity type, the process to submit and verify an application is otherwise the same. See FAQ #4 for examples of required documentation.


3. How much will the one-time application fee and the ongoing monitoring cost?

There will be a one-time application fee, priced based on the number of states/locales you would like certified, to perform an initial verification of your entity. Once you are verified, you will need to enroll in our annual ongoing monitoring (via a subscription) where G2 will ensure your licenses remain valid throughout the year. The first annual fee is due upon approval. Click ‘Get Certified’ above to review pricing information.


4. What information and documentation will I need to apply?

You will need the following:

  • General business information (e.g., Name, DBA, Website, Contact Info, NAIC/NPN Codes)
  • Insurance license/registration information for each state/locale where you do business (e.g., Scanned License, License Type, License #, Expiration)
  • Proof of ACA qualification, if applicable (e.g., QHP Agreement, Registration Completion Certificate)

Click here for a preview of the application(Please note that this is a preview, the actual application form to complete will be sent securely after purchase.)


5. Can I request additional domains be added to my certification?

No, G2 does not certify domains. Our certification is issued based on the single licensed entity name submitted.


6. Can I add a d/b/a to my existing certification?

A d/b/a may be granted for additional brands sold under the same licensed entity. However, G2 must be able to establish a connection between the brand and licensed entity, typically through a disclaimer on the matching domain that states all health insurance is sold through that entity.


7. What is the expected G2 approval turnaround time, from application submission to green-light?

If the application submission is complete (all information and documents are submitted properly) the turnaround time is typically 14 days or less.


8. Is it possible to expedite my request for certification?

No, it is not possible to expedite your request for certification at this time.


9. My application was not approved. Is there a way for me to escalate this issue?

If your application was not approved, there will be an explanation as well as remediation steps (if applicable) provided. You can contact for additional support.


10. Do I need to submit separate applications for both parent/child companies?

Each child company will need to submit applications for certification individually, as certification is issued based on a single licensed entity name.


11. Can I submit partial documentation for the verification process while I finish gathering the required information, so that the process is kickstarted?

No, you will need all information and documents submitted at the time of completing the application form.


12. Is there a separate application for the ACA certification?

The application for state/locale eligibility and ACA qualification will be included in the same application form.

See how our solutions can help you.

Call Today:


+31 613630399

us uk