1. Who can apply for G2 certification?
To be eligible to advertise with Google, entities who are fully licensed/registered to sell or promote health insurance must, as a first step, apply for G2 certification. See “Eligible Entities” (above) for examples.
Government advertisers are exempt from the G2 certification requirement. If you qualify as a government advertiser, please refer to Google’s healthcare-related ad policies for information on how to apply for advertising.
2. Is the verification process different per entity type?
While we may require different documentation based on your entity type, the process to submit and verify an application is otherwise the same. See question #5 for examples of required documentation.
3. I sell Medicare. Is there anything additional I must provide to apply?
No, we do not require Medicare-specific documentation (such as training certificates). However, we still require copies of your licensure to sell or promote health insurance within each state/locale where you do business.
4. How much does certification cost?
There is a one-time application fee which is priced based on the number of U.S. jurisdictions you would like certified. Once your application has been approved, you will need to pay an annual subscription fee to finalize the process and become fully certified. The annual subscription fee covers G2’s ongoing monitoring, where we ensure that your licensure/registration remains valid and active throughout the year. The annual subscription fee follows the same pricing model as the one-time application fee. Click “Get Certified” (above) to review pricing information.
5. What information and documentation will I need to apply?
You will need the following:
- Business information (e.g., Licensed Name, Domains, Contact Info, NAIC/NPN Codes)
- Insurance license/registration information for each state/locale where you do business (e.g., Official License Copy, License Type, License #, Expiration)
- Proof of ACA qualification, if applicable (e.g., QHP Agreement, Registration Completion Certificate, SERFF Tracking Number)
Click here for a preview of the application. (Please note that the link redirects to a preview. The actual application form will be sent securely after you pay the one-time application fee.)
6. Can I add a domain to my existing certification?
No, G2 does not certify domains. Our certification is issued based on the single licensed/registered entity name submitted. You are responsible for ensuring that the accounts and domains you wish to advertise clearly state your legal business name as it is listed on your health insurance licensure/registration. We recommend adding this language to all advertisement landing pages.
7. Can I add a DBA to my existing certification?
No, G2 no longer certifies DBAs. Our certification is issued based on the single licensed/registered entity name submitted. You are responsible for ensuring that the accounts and domains you wish to advertise clearly state your legal business name as it is listed on your health insurance licensure/registration. We recommend adding this language to all advertisement landing pages.
8. What is the expected G2 approval turnaround time, from application submission to green-light?
If the application submission is complete (i.e., all information and documents are submitted properly) the turnaround time is typically 14 calendar days or fewer.
9. Is it possible to expedite my request for certification?
No, it is not possible to expedite requests for certification.
10. My application was not approved. Is there a way for me to escalate this issue?
If your application was not approved, G2 will provide an explanation and (if applicable) suggested remediation steps. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support.
11. Do I need to submit separate applications for both parent/child companies?
Yes, each child company will need to submit individual applications for certification, as certification is only issued based on a single licensed entity and name.
12. Can I submit partial documents in the application while I finish gathering the required material, so that the process is kickstarted?
No, all information and documents must be included within the application form at the time of submission. Your application will be denied if incomplete. We recommend only applying for the states/locales for which all material is readily available. Additional states/locales may be added later by reapplying and selecting “Requesting Additional States/Locales for Existing Certification” as the Application Type.
13. Is there a separate application for the ACA certification?
No, the secondary ACA certification is included in our single application form.
14. What do I do if my advertisements are disapproved by Google even though I am G2 certified?
G2 certification verifies your licensure/registration but does not guarantee your ability to advertise with Google. Please contact Google regarding all advertising inquiries.
15. How do I renew my G2 certification each year?
At the end of your annual billing cycle for the ongoing certification/monitoring subscription, you will be prompted via email to submit payment for the next year of monitoring. If any additional information or documentation is needed from you at the time of renewal, G2 will reach out to you prior to the start of your next billing cycle.
If you do not wish to remain certified for the following year, please reach out to email@example.com to cancel your subscription and certification.